November 29, 2010
Annual Renewal Fee Information for 2011
Preliminary Annual Fee Calculation
On December 1 each year, NRD generates a Preliminary Fee Summary for the payment of annual fees of your firm. This summary is a projected amount based on the current number of active individuals and locations recorded on NRD and/or current Ontario participation fee. This amount is subject to change based on the addition or removal of individuals, locations and/or an update to your Ontario participation fee.
To see the Preliminary Fee Summary:
You can find instructions for a more detailed break down at http://www.nrd-info.ca/using/hint7.jsp?lang=en.
- Log into to NRD at www.nrd.ca
- Select ‘Firm Information
- Select ‘Annual Fee Summary’
To create a detailed fee report:
A variety of criteria can be used to generate the detailed report. You can produce a report of either ‘Preliminary’ or ‘Final’ information through the ‘Summary Type’ drop-down selection.
- Log into NRD at www.nrd.ca
- Select ‘Admin Tools’
- Select ‘Reports’
- Select ‘Generate Annual Fee Detailed Report’
Individuals that are not continuing registration in the new year
If individuals are terminating or surrendering their registration, you must submit an ‘Annual Fee Exclusion/Reversal’ by December 31. This will ensure these individuals are not included in your Final Annual Fee Payment. If you have not already submitted a notice of termination or surrender of registration for such individuals, you must do so within the deadlines under National Instrument 33-109.
You can find instructions for filing the annual fee exclusion/reversal at http://www.nrd-info.ca/using/hint8.jsp?lang=en.
Final Annual Fee Payment
NRD will calculate your final annual fee on December 31. This amount will be drawn from your NRD account on the first business day following January 1. A ‘Final Annual Fee Summary’ and a ‘Final Annual Fee Detailed Report’ can be created by following the same steps as above for the Preliminary Annual Fee.
NRD will be unavailable during the Annual Fee process as follows:
- Preliminary Annual Fee Calculation: December 1, 6:00 AM – 8:00 AM ET
- Final Annual Fee Payment: December 31, 3:00PM – January 1, 6:00AM
Annual NRD User Fees will be subject to the new commodity tax rules that have been in effect since July 1, 2010. You can find more information on commodity taxes at http://nrd-info.ca/fees/fees_index.jsp?lang=en
For Firms registered in Quebec
Please note that following the passage of Bill n°100 in Quebec, all fees collected by the Autorité des marchés financiers had been indexed for 2011. For firms registered in Québec, annual fees will be as follows:
$ 1519 per firm registration category + $ 76 for each head office, branch and sub-branch in Québec, for the following category:
$ 1519 per firm registration category, for the following categories:
- Portfolio manager
- Restricted portfolio manager
- Investment fund manager
- Exempt market dealer
- Restricted dealer
For more information about the AMF fees, please consult the NRD Securities fee schedule, available on the AMF Website.
- $ 177 for each dealing representative of an Investment dealer
- $ 422 for each dealing representative of a Mutual funds dealer
- $ 262 for each dealing representative of a Scholarship plan dealer
- $ 380 for each dealing representative of an Exempt market dealer or a Restricted dealer
- $ 380 for each advising representative or associate advising representative of a Portfolio manager or a Restricted portfolio manager