Ensuring You Meet the Minimum Technical Requirements
As your office may already be equipped with everything you need to use NRD. All you need is a computer with an Internet connection and an Internet browser.
To ensure that you can use NRD effectively, we recommend that your IT hardware and software meet or exceed the following specifications:
Points to Consider
- Hardware: Users should have a personal computer with a 133 MHz Pentium processor and 32 MB of RAM.
- Internet Connection: The Chief Authorized Firm Representative (Chief AFR) and any other AFRs will need to have Internet access to use NRD. Users will need an Internet connection and Hayes compatible modem with a minimum speed of 56,000 bps.
- Web browser. NRD is being tested and supported for Netscape versions 4.7 and 6.2, and Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 5.5 and 6.0.
- Operating system: The system is being tested and supported for Windows NT 4, Windows 2000, and Windows 95.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: This software, which can be downloaded at no charge, is required to read the reports that NRD will generate.
- Netscape 4.7 may not support all the functionality of NRD, and it may run more slowly than Microsoft Internet Explorer and later versions of Netscape.
- While a 56 kbps modem is sufficient, you may wish to use a high-speed Internet connection to ensure fast system performance, especially if your firm has many registrants.
- If you plan to ask individual registrants to complete a portion of their own registration forms, as the system allows but does not require, then they will also need to satisfy the above requirements.
- If you do not have the appropriate information technology, you can appoint an agent to act as the AFR for your firm.