Logging in for the first time
The following steps can be followed by Chief Authorized Firm Representatives, AFR Administrators, and AFRs. But the Chief AFR must log in first and set up additional AFRs in order for the others to access the system.
1. Go to the NRD website
Use your web browser (see I.T. requirements), to go to www.nrd.ca. You will be given the option to proceed in English or French.
2. Enter your user ID and password
You will be prompted to enter the user ID and password supplied to you by CSA Service Desk (if you are the Chief AFR), or by your firm's Chief AFR (if you are an AFR Administrator or an AFR).
3. Enter your PIN (Chief AFRs only)
If you are a Chief AFR, you will need to enter your PIN. You were required to select a PIN on NRD Enrolment Form 2.
4. Change your password
The first time you log in, the system will prompt you to change your password. You will need to enter a new, personalized password of your choosing.
The password you select must:
An example of an acceptable password is: pass1word
- be at least 6 characters in length, and no more than 20 characters;
- contain alphanumeric characters only - letters and numbers are OK, but special characters (such as spaces, punctuation marks, @, #, &, etc.) are not;
- begin and end with a letter, and contain at least one number.
For security reasons, we recommend that you take the following precautions:
For information on navigating within the system, please see Chapter 6 of the User Guide, or our Quick Reference Sheets.
- Select a password that is not easy for others to guess.
- If you write your password down, don't keep it where others can find it, e.g. near your computer.
- Change your password occasionally.
- Never give your password to others.
If you cannot find your password, user ID or PIN, or if you are having difficulty logging in to NRD, please seek assistance from the appropriate party listed below.
||Who to contact for assistance
||The CSA Service Desk at 1-800-219-5381
||The Chief AFR for your firm
||Either the Chief AFR or an AFR Administrator for your firm
|Individual registrant completing an initial application for registration on Form 33-109F4
||The AFR who provided you with your user ID and password for accessing NRD